Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Name change

I have changed the name of Curse of the Goddess to Drums of the Island. I am also saying a big resounding Fuck You to the person who told me that " no one wants to read Hawaiian Paranormal romance because that can't pronounce that names." I know Hawaii. So I am going to go back to writing about it.
Watch out Carina Press, I am sending you Daughter of Fire and you better not piss off Pele.

Drums of the islands you're beating in my heart
You're with me no matter where I roam
If ever I wander if ever we're apart
I know that you will lead me home

If I should journey across the deep blue sea
I'll never forget these coral shores
Drums of the islands I hear you calling me
And I'll return forever yours

I love each valley each grain of sand each hill
The flowers the music of the isles
These are the things I love and always will
Though I may roam ten thousand miles

3 comments:

Jennifer L Hart said...

Atta girl. Whoever said that was obviously a small minded idiot. Don't let them drag you away from the greatness that is your destiny.

Courtney Sheets said...

Thanks, babe! Frankly I thought long and hard because I didn't want to be "that" author but the statement pissed me off.
Really? No one wants to read it because they can't pronounce the names? Give me a break. I would rather he say the writing sucks. At least that I can believe.
With the popularity of Hawaii Five-O, I refuse to concede defeat to naysayers LOL

AJ Llewellyn said...

Who the hell told you nobody wants to read Hawaiian paranormals? I've had almost 100 M/M erotic romance novels published - almost all of them set in Hawaii and most of them paranormals. My readers love them. Pele is the dominant force in all of them, as she is in yours. Keep going sweetie.You are really talented!