Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Freaking Sparkly Vampires

I will take flack for this. Don't Care. :D

I have never read Twilight. I have never seen the movies. Robert Patterson or what ever the crap his name is does nothing for me. I only think that Jacob kid is cute because I remember when he was Shark Boy. I want my vampires evil, wearing leather, and sometimes blond a.k.a Spike in Buffy.
It strikes me as odd, and kind of weirds me out really, when a woman my age - someone the shy side of 30 - goes all teeny bopper about Twilight.

Can someone please explain it to me??

3 comments:

Robert said...

Off topic, but I am not sure if you saw the tweet I sent you as a reply.

You can find where to get your Linda Porter roses at http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/pl.php?n=15591&tab=16

It has a link to a nursery in Spain that sells them, but it is the ONLY place I could find it. They are the original source, so that may be part of the reason.

...now back to your irregularly scheduled comments.

Amber said...

I had to read it for my YA literature class. And there is something entrancing about it. One of the ladies in my class said she felt like she had cheated on her husband after reading it. And while I love the forbidden romance of the story, I am also very anti-twilight. And not because of the "nice" vampires (there are plenty of "not-nice" ones in the book. Think of this family as Angel). I read an article about the top ten signs you are in an abusive relationship and Edward was all 10 of them. If you can say yes to even one you should get out. And I don't like the books because of that. But before reading the article I read all four 3 or4 times each. For my birthday I'm going to opening day of the newest movie. You can't help be but caught up in the romance of it (but keeping in mind it is wrong).

I hope that helps some. People either seem to love them or hate them. I do recommend them to adults (who know better than to be in this type of abusive relationship but can appreciate the fantasy) but not to teens (who don't know better).

nykadym said...

Where the hell is Ann Rice when you need her right? I mean and then this chick made them sparkle? I like my vamps creepy and almost mute.. Like in "A Vampire's Tale".

Freaking sparkling vamps!